Part of looking your best is feeling like your smile is in tip-top condition. Gorgeous, white teeth radiate beauty and grace. If you don’t love your current image, you can talk with your dentist about teeth whitening options. As well, try some of these tips to put the sparkle in your pearly whites.
- Remember to smile. This simple act affects your whole body and creates a positive attitude.
- Don’t wear all white. Your teeth will look dull in comparison to white clothing.
- Try red lipstick, but avoid coral or orange shades because they can make your teeth look yellow.
- Wearing rhinestones and silver jewelry can make your smile look brighter.
- Practice good home hygiene. Brush two times a day and floss regularly to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Curb tobacco use. Besides contributing to dental problems like gum disease and increasing your risk for issues like heart disease and stroke, smoking will make teeth look yellow.
- Watch what you eat and drink. Dark foods and beverages can stain teeth, so limit your consumption of things like coffee, tea, wine, and tomato sauce.
- Protect your smile. Scheduling regular checkups and cleanings will keep your teeth and gums in good shape.
- Don’t get overzealous with whitening. If you decide to try over-the-counter or professional teeth whitening, follow the directions exactly. Too much whitening can wear down enamel and make teeth more vulnerable to staining.